New resources

Hello, folks.

As I’m sure you have noticed, there have been no new postings for the last couple months.  We have been working on the problem with the Translation Notes.  Seems that the Greek font I had been using, no longer is compatible with PDF’s, and so when anyone tried to print that off, Greek words came up with a crazy jumble of English letters that were completely meaningless.  After trying a bunch of alternatives, Dan and I decided that the best solution was to simply use the transliteration we have been using in the regular studies. So I re-did the whole thing.  Sorry about that, to those of you who would prefer”real” Greek — but although the technology is out there somewhere, my computer skills are not up to learning a whole new system at this point.

So Dan has now posted the Notes in a printable (transliterated) form, which you can access from the “download” section of the homepage.  In case any of you want the Greek version, it is still there, and you can get to it if you download “SLGreek” to your computer.

We apologize for the inconvenience and nuisance, but it is the best we can do.

Wishing a blessing-filled New Year to you all — Now I will get back to a few waiting requests for studies.  Keep your suggestions for new work coming.

Ruth

Advertisements

2 Responses to New resources

  1. Angika says:

    If you use a Mac to create the documents, you need to change the keyboard to a different Unicode language. You can do this using keyboard preferences in the System Preferences menu. If you use a PC, you can use the Control Panel to access Date, Time, Language and Regional Options to add the Greek language (in Unicode) to your documents. I used to create pdfs that included the Greek language for a Bible college, and writing all the Greek terms in unicode was the only thing that worked consistently. The Unicode also allows you to add Greek terms online without problems. If this isn’t a sufficient explanation, feel free to e-mail me. You can use google for more help, too. Just make sure you include “unicode” in your search query. It’s the magic word, in a way. Hope this helps! 🙂

  2. ruthpmartin says:

    Thanks for your suggestion. I let it post, since it might help someone else — but no, I don’t use a Mac. This was done on a little old Asus which had a “brain transplant” to work on Linux, although the earliest version was done on Windows XP (of which I have mourned the passing.)
    But thanks for trying to help!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: